It’s almost time for Bitcoin Socratic Seminar #11!
What is a Socratic Seminar?
Inspired by other BitDevs meetups around the US, our Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion.
- Discussion topics are provided ahead of the event
- The event moderator(s) leads the audience through the topics
- Raise your hand to grab the mic and participate in the conversation
- We go to a bar afterwards
⚡️ Mempool.space adds lightning support
🔑 Validating Lightning Signer gets a new website
🏷 BIP Proposal: Wallet Labels Export Format
Jeremy Rubin, author of BIP-119 CTV, releases an idea for drivechains in conjunction with APO
⚫️ Strike funding round
Strike continues to grow.
🍠 Hello Taro
The first version of the Taro daemon has been released. This will allow people to mint assets on the bitcoin blockchain. We explored this topic more in-depth during the Taro reading group sessions.
🥕 When Taproot?
Taproot adoption campaign launches with the immediate goal of encouraging Bech32m send support.
🪴 Scaling vs. Capacity
Interesting discussion points. Some of these writings are 1,000 years old in bitcoin times, but understanding these distinctions may be useful for the next 2 topics.
🟪 Fedimint signet test
Fedimint, the project we looked at last month, has deployed to bitcoin signet.
- Fedimint deployed to bitcoin signet
- Faucet for swapping signet BTC for eCash
- Webimint client for interacting the signet federation
- EDIT: Looks like they’re on mainnet now
A new implementation of chaumian eCash