It’s almost time for Bitcoin Socratic Seminar #17!
What is a Socratic Seminar?
Inspired by other BitDevs meetups around the US, our Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion.
- Discussion topics are provided ahead of the event
- The event moderator(s) leads the audience through the topics
- Raise your hand to grab the mic and participate in the conversation
- We go to a bar afterwards
Opening Presentation – Running LND on Android
Nitesh Balusu is going to talk about his work getting an LND node to run persistently in the background on Android devices for Blixt wallet.
- 📱 Bitcoin core app ready for testing
- ⛏️ StratumV2 project releases a new reference implementation and is looking for miners to help test
- 💻 BDK 1.0.0-alpha released
- 💎 Ordinal swap BIP
- ⚡️ Resize channels offchain with hierarchical channels
- 🪡 Discussion about channel splicing spec on mailing list
- Eclair is now working in channel splicing
- As discussed at earlier meetup, so is Core LN (Dusty’s PR)
- 🫂 Nicolas Burtey drafts P2P trading spec NIP
- 🔋 Voltage launches Nostr toolkit
- ⚠️ NIP-69 – defined vocabulary for content reporting
- 🔑 Updates to NIP-26 delegated events signing
- 🟣 n3xb – naive nostr no-KYC exchange for bitcoin
Regulatory & Business
- 👨⚖️ Lawyers assisting Roman Sterlingov, accused of running Bitcoin Fog, a custodial mixer
- 🎙️ Interview with lawyers on Citadel Dispatch
- Can faulty Chainalysis assertions result in fault imprisonment?
- 💰 NCR attacked by Ransomware