It’s almost time for Bitcoin Socratic Seminar #20!
What is a Socratic Seminar?
Inspired by other BitDevs meetups around the US, our Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion.
- Discussion topics are provided ahead of the event
- The event moderator(s) leads the audience through the topics
- Raise your hand to grab the mic and participate in the conversation
- We go to a bar afterwards
- Brooklyn bathhouse heats water with Bitcoin mining
- Standardisation of an unstructured taproot annex
- On the experiment of the Bitcoin Contracting Primitives WG and marking this community process “up for grabs”
- Lightning self-payment discussion and LN accounting security disclosure
- Phoenix 3rd gen with channel splicing
- Mutiny Wallet opened to the public
- Binance enables Lightning
- LN Spec Cleanup
- AI 4 ALL Hackathon Launches
- AI for All: Powering APIs and Large Language Models with Lightning
- Llama V2 released as open source with commercial use allowed
🔒 Infosec & Privacy
- Minibits released – mobile Cashu (chaumian e-cash) wallet for Android
- Whirlpool – testnet experiment to coinjoin over decentralized Soroban communications layer