It’s almost time for Bitcoin Socratic Seminar #13!
What is a Socratic Seminar?
Inspired by other BitDevs meetups around the US, our Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion.
- Discussion topics are provided ahead of the event
- The event moderator(s) leads the audience through the topics
- Raise your hand to grab the mic and participate in the conversation
- We go to a bar afterwards
🥕 More Taproot support
- Strike adds send support
- River adds send support
- Blixt adds send and receive support
- WhenTaproot update
☠️ The LND Slayer
Burak breaks LND and BTCD a second time.
Bitcoin in Africa via USSD feature phones that lack internet access.
🦄 Rugpull Detection on Uniswap
Researchers work on improved ways to detect rugpulls and other scams on the Uniswap protocol. 97.7% of the tokens in their dataset ended up being scams.
🕸 Running lightning in a web browser
Ben Carman uses LDK to make a web browser version of Mutiny wallet.
0️⃣ Full-RBF / Zero-Conf Debate
Ongoing debate over Full RBF and Bitcoin Core 24.
- Antoine Riard raises issue about Lightning DoS attack by maliciously double-spending an input – [Lightning-dev] On Mempool Funny Games against Multi-Party Funded Transactions
- Antoine Riard proposes Full RBF as a solution to the issue – [bitcoin-dev] Proposal: Full-RBF in Bitcoin Core 24.0
- Antoine Riard creates a PR for Full RBF – Mempool Full RBF node setting PR
- Dario Sneidermanis of Muun discusses that mempoolfullrbf may harm ZeroConf apps – [bitcoin-dev] [Opt-in full-RBF] Zero-conf apps in immediate danger
- Suhas Daftuar opens a PR to remove
mempoolfullrbf– Remove mempoolfullrbf option
- Bitcoin Core 24 released