It’s almost time for Bitcoin Socratic Seminar #14!
What is a Socratic Seminar?
Inspired by other BitDevs meetups around the US, our Socratic Seminar events are formatted to foster debate, information sharing and lively discussion.
- Discussion topics are provided ahead of the event
- The event moderator(s) leads the audience through the topics
- Raise your hand to grab the mic and participate in the conversation
- We go to a bar afterwards
👮 Bodycam footage
A suspect’s seed phrase enters the public record when it is recorded by a police officer’s bodycam.
A proposed method for swapping on-chain funds to lightning “instantly”
The team behind Revault releases a personal self-custody solution.
🌑 Luke Dashjr Hack
A technical breakdown of the theft of core dev Luke Dashjr’s bitcoin
Graham Cluley does a breakdown of what went wrong during the LastPass hack.
🏭 Block Wallet Build
Block has been blogging about their hardware wallet design as they attempt to design it openly. Here they detail the process of choosing a hardware manufacturer.
2️⃣ Layer Two Labs
Paul Sztorc raises $3m for his company to make BIP300/301 drivechain stuff.
James O’Beirne releases a new vault proposal.
Lightning Reputation Credentials
Antoine Riard proposes a method for preventing channel jamming attacks using credentials that resemble chaumian ecash.
- Mitigating Channel Jamming with One-Shot HTLC Forward Reputation Credentials
- Can Antoine Riard’s Lightning Network Proposal Mitigate Channel Jamming Attacks?
Car talks with Casey Rodarmor about Ordinals, a technique for making NFTs (inscriptions) with bitcoin.