Here are the topics we’ll be covering at Socratic Seminar #3.
Since October 31, 2021 will mark the 13th anniversary of the release of the Bitcoin Whitepaper, we will discuss a few key points from the document. If you haven’t read it, you can find it here.
👮♂️ Regulatory Issues
Peter Rehm will talk to us about regulatory issues involving Bitcoin and Lightning.
🤷♀️ Other Topics
For the following topics, major props to BitDevs NYC for putting these topics together for their September 30 Socratic Seminar. We’ll be borrowing several of those topics.
- Bitcoin.org DNS Hijacked?
- Bitcoin stolen in failed COMIT network BTC <-> Monero Atomic Swap
- Cloudflare thwarts 17.2M rps DDoS attack — the second largest ever reported
- Coinbase sends accidental 2FA reset notification to customers
- DAO Maker drained of $7m
- DDoS attacks against various Lightning and Bitcoin services
- Ethereum netsplit, bug explained
- Hacker returns funds in $612 million Poly Network hack
- Kraken Security Labs Identifies Vulnerabilities In Commonly Used Bitcoin ATM
- Leaked Slides Show How Chainalysis Flags Crypto Suspects for Cops
- NSO Group iMessage Zero-Click Exploit Captured in the Wild
⚡️ Lightning Dev
- Do we really want users to solve an NP-hard problem when they wish to find a cheap way of paying each other on the Lightning Network?
- DNS records for LN nodes